Friday, July 3, 2009

So Behind!!

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted anything - it's been a really crazy summer so far! Here's a bit of what we've been up to...

Todd celebrated his 37th birthday. He's still so young! I get so excited about his graying hair, because then he looks a little bit more my age! Isn't that just horrible?!? Oh well - what's a girl to do?

We always start each birthday with a celebratory breakfast - it's a super fun tradition! The kids found a '100' candle and wanted to use it instead of thirty-seven. Then came the fun of where to put it! Typically the kids ask for french toast, or pancakes, or waffles - and putting candles in those items is a piece of cake! Todd, however, asked for steak and eggs - not so easy to put a candle in that!

My oldest gave him a sippy cup - he has (on THREE separate occasions) spilled huge drinks of soda and water ALL OVER my poor daughter. Once at Chuck E. Cheese's when she was 7 years old, or so; once at the movie theater when she was probably about 10, and then again just last year at home. I think it was a very fitting present!

Then we had Todd's favorite meal - lasagna, garlic bread, salad, homemade grape juice with Sprite in it, and cherry cheesecake for desert (another fun candle adventure there!)

I just love celebrating the days that my husband and children entered this world - is there anything better???

No comments:

Post a Comment