Friday, May 1, 2009

Help! I'm being attacked by sewing machines!

Can you believe this scene on my kitchen table? Yesterday the school had an auction/garage sale for items they weren't using. They guy in charge practically begged to make an offer on the entire row of sewing machines, tables and paraphenalia lining one wall of the garage. They were asking $5 for each sewing machine, $2 for the tables, and $10 for the sewing machine cabinet with machine (nice one). My hubby offered $25 for the entire lot and the guy took it!! Can you even believe it? Just the sewing machine cabinet alone was worth that... So, I now have SIXTEEN sewing machines, 6 sewing tables, and one sewing machine cabinet to find homes for.

Not all of the machines are in working order, so I'm hoping to figure out what does and doesn't work, and see just what is left after that. I know plenty of people who would love to purchase a sewing machine, but just don't have the money, so this will be lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Way to go, Todd! I bet there are women in your branch who could use a machine, if nothing else!! Hopefully most of them work, or only need a little adjusting. You know who used to do that? Julissa's dad. He's good at it! Let us know what you finally do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...after 7 straight hours of going through the machines, I found there are only TWO that actually function the way they should! Two others are close and wouldn't take a whole lot to repair them, but the rest have serious issues. (like only going in reverse, no zig zag, no motor, etc.) Guess we'll see what happens, but at any rate, I have a really cool cabinet, some great tables for me and the girls, 12 chairs, & a great rolling cart. The kids got 3 desks, 3 chairs, a HUGE chalk board, a magazine/book rack, and a snare drum all for $2.85!! They are still working on re-doing the chicken cook for their play house. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete