
Hard to believe, isn't it?? Yes, those beautiful loaves of bread were actually made be ME!! My bread always tastes good, but very
rarely do I get the loaves to turn out looking like - well, like
bread! They're always lopsided or don't end up filling the pan completely. (I even put the ugliest one in the front for the picture!) This recipe is just the right amount to fill my Kitchen Aid mixer, and I do the rising right in the same bowl I mixed it in. The whole process from grinding the wheat (I kid you not!) to taking the picture was right
about 3 hours. Not too shabby!
The kids have finally gotten used to whole wheat, so I'm trying to make sure that there's plenty of it around so we don't go backward again. It's so hard to re-train their taste buds! :) I'll get the recipe posted soon, or maybe I'll wait until I can take step-by-step pictures to gussy up the post!
That IS gorgeous bread! I have been thinking of starting to make bread again -- who wants to pay $2 or more for a loaf of bread?!?
ReplyDeleteI'll attest to its yumminess!
ReplyDelete