We attended Stake Conference at our branch building since it was a broadcast from Salt Lake. Our High Counselor brought his family with him, but even so, we only had 25 people in attendance. I sure hope we can get this branch to grow soon!
After church we had scrumpteous corned beef for dinner. Okay - I know it's not a typical Easter meal - but it's one that our family just loves! (and I had an extra in the freezer from St. Patrick's day!)
Then the real fun began...I still can't believe all of the bartering that went on for Easter candy! Even my husband and I got into the game! I never knew that swapping candy could be quite such a huge production! It was absolutely hilarious, and we had a blast!
After that calmed down a bit we sat around discussing the Book of Mormon and how each of the various plates came to make one whole. I just love that we can have these kinds of conversations with the kids now and that they are interested, learning, and really love it! That took another hour+ of time, and THEN we finally dyed Easter eggs! Yes - that's really slow, but it was the first time we'd all been together for more than 10 minutes since Thursday afternoon. If you take out the leaky kitchen pipe that made a disaster under the kitchen sink, it was a perfect day!
I hope everyone else had as wonderful an Easter as we did.


No comments:
Post a Comment