I felt just horrible calling my parent's cell phone at 3:30 in the morning, but I didn't get stuck down by lightening, so it must have been okay! I got my son up and dressed, put together some snacks for them to munch on, and headed out to the campground where my parents were staying.
They followed me to the pre-determined meeting place set up by the guide (a wonderful man named Gary) and we arrived exactly at 4:30 am, just like planned! After everyone was introduced, I headed back home and fell back asleep!
It didn't seem like much time had past before my husband was telling me he thought he heard the 'hunters' back at the house. I headed back downstairs, and - sure enough - they were back! It was only 7:30 am, but my son had gotten his turkey less than 20 minutes after the season opened at 5:55 am, and there was a dead turkey laying on my front porch. I didn't know how good I had it at the time - because with my hubby's sore back, he brought the turkey inside and 'took care of ' it on my kitchen table!! I wasn't too terribly amused, to say the least. I felt like a handled it quite well, however, and it wasn't smelly like when he used to butcher the chickens...
So, all in all it was the start of an adventurous day - for everyone involved!


No comments:
Post a Comment